Friday, April 27, 2007

Ah, the waters are receding

Whatever torture I have so richly deserved for the past weeks (and months, and years, but who's counting?) has thankfully begun to subside these last few days. My laptop is still wheezing but working, the Dell CDs came next-day via special delivery, and my DSL guy finally came out and put my signal back on its feet and off of its knees. It's almost like I can breathe again.

The upside is that I had begun to find things to do in the analog world: my wife re-upped my subscription to a real, ink-and-paper newspaper service, I cleaned up the place, and some other stuff that was worthwhile and non-digital. Maybe now though, I can meld the two, or at least read my little daily list of bookmarked pages with my morning coffee, as God intended.

Whatever sentence I've been serving in digital limbo/Hell, I am glad to be at least on probation. Let's hope I stay on the Digital Deity's good side. Amen.

No comments: