Saturday, April 14, 2007

Laptop down

My laptop is seriously troubled, possibly boned. It spent about 5 hours running a hard drive scan, dispatching bad sector after bad sector. It seems to be working now, but my faith in the thing is shot.

Even worse, I don't seem to have the Dell/WinXP disks I thought I had, with which to mop up this impending mess. This surprising lack of media strikes at my very core, and I had to take a deep breath, step back, and crack a beer before I put something through the nearest wall. The rest of the day has been salvaged, but only as a result of fastidious control of nearly uncontrollable rage.

So, that's how it's going... I am so disheartened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Rick, I’m a Dell Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your post and wanted see if you are still having problems with your notebook. If you need a copy of the Operating system disk that came with your computer you should be able to call into technical support and request one, or if you have any issues you can just email me with the service tag of your system and I will gladly look into doing that for you.

Just email me at Customer_Advocate@Dell.com (and please put "Attn Rick" in the subject line) and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
Rick