Friday, May 25, 2007

Homegrown therapy

Despite the title, this post is not about smoking pot. It's about the things that I can pursue that keep me happy, like:

  • French studies - see yesterday's posts.
  • Discount therapy - formerly known as retail therapy, discount therapy is a more accurate moniker, because few things please me more than getting something for nearly nothing. Today, my buddy and I ambled on over to a moving sale within ambling distance, and picked up a gaggle of second-hand items, including a camp lantern, a socket set and a metal cart. It's funny - moral issues aside, I'm still happier buying these things for a song than I would be actually stealing them outright.
  • Music - No explanation necessary. Yesterday it was John Mellencamp day. I checked out his website, and realized it has been a helluva a long time since I bought one of his albums. The reason is that his music got more and more sad, regretful and dreary (much like this blog, you might say), lamenting the plight of the poor and others. His message just resonated less and less with me. I stuck it out for a few albums, but it never picked up. Maybe I'll ask for a recent release for my birthday (the 1998 release, "John Mellencamp" looks pretty tasty - you know, if you're thinkin' about it. Or, the latest, "Freedom's Road"). It's coming up you know, June 19th, same as Garfield!

No comments: