Monday, July 9, 2007

Clerical job, feeling a bit down

I am applying for a Clerk gig today. One of these things has got to hit soon. I can't go on not working, not contributing to the household. Web design and other fantasies are just the shits, opportunities appear teasingly from the haze, and then evaporate.

It's frustrating - people tell me occasionally how bright they think I am. I'll admit, now & then, I agree. I'm grateful for the encouragement, but I have a lot of trouble achieving results to prove that praise valid. A full-time job, getting paid what I'm worth and achieving the occasional success would go a long way.

Right now, it's pretty meager, and I've got to start putting something in the tank. This is getting ridiculous.

1 comment:

Joe Crawford said...

There's no shame in an honest day's work Tom. Take care.