I used to watch "The O'Reilly Factor" regular, if not religiously. I now haven't watched it in many months, and I don't miss it.
One thing that always put me off was the e-mail segment, where some approaches in presenting viewers' e-mails bordered on the dishonest. Most annoyingly, two nutbags with foaming, diametrically opposed complaints ("Bill, you're a card-carrying leftie!" vs. "Bill, you're a conservative kook!") about the show would be presented side-by-side, and then Bill would profess a mystified, head-shaking hopelessness about how both viewers "watched the same show," implying that people who wrote to complain were rabidly ignorant. He'd then dreamily conclude that hapless ol' Bill was just a regular, middle-of-the-road Joe who couldn't catch a fair break. This smarmy feint became quickly tired to everyone but Bill and his producers.
I wonder if they still do that. Not bad enough to start watching again, but I do wonder...
New Bot Day! Johnny 5 hails from Short Circuit (1986). In the 80s we had
high hopes for sentient A.I. and movie producers were unaware of the damage
of whitewashing in casting, but we knew putting A.I in weapons were a bad
idea. Many folks remember the film and its Syd Mead-designed robot fondly.
This LEGO edition was a gift from @hellokellykuhl. Welcome to the
collection Johnny 5! Also VOTE YES ON 40, NO ON 41 & 42.
-
------------------------------
Sign my Guestbook | Contact Me
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment