Saturday, March 7, 2009

I feel good again

I have felt such a funk for most of the week. Just a wet blanket of negativity and frustration draped heavily across my shoulders, and I couldn't shake it. Couldn't find the positive.

Last night I arrived home from work, and my wife spent the next 13 hours making life right again. If ever a soul was given first aid, it was then. A simple meal, simple pleasures like our calm tradition of catching a regular television show together.

I had a night of the best, deepest, sleep I've had in recent memory. I spent the extra half-hour afforded to me by a late-starting work schedule enjoying French toast and coffee, and watching a talk show with very mellow discussion of theater, acting and poetry with the great John Lithgow.

The simplicity of these acts minimized not a whit the balm effect on my psychic second-degree burns. This morning I once again possess a calm feeling of wellness, so desperately missed of late that I could now weep upon its return. Such rejuvenation. Such bliss.

I thanked my angel for being the good thing in my life.

No comments: