Thursday, April 5, 2007

Meet the new blog, same as the old blog

New place, new delivery system, same old blog.

I've been blogging for years at my domain, tombickle.com, using handwritten code and DreamWeaver, which has come to strongly resemble the ease with which Daniel Lewis wrote and painted in "My Left Foot." If the technical equivalent of my left foot was the only avenue available to me, this might make sense. With other means at my easy disposal, however, I feel more and more like a wingnut as I struggle along with this odd and unnecessarily difficult method of blogging.

No more. I've stopped hemming, and slowed precipitously on the hawing, and chosen a dedicated blog forum on which to hang my yammerings. I researched it myself, and couldn't find a significant difference among the choices available. Thanks to Greg Crist for his Google-based opinion that blogger.com is the way to go.

Trust me to listen to the opinion to one of the few people I know who doesn't have his own blog. This oddity is precisely representational of how I make all my decisions - badly.

So, on with the show. My goal as I strike out in this new area is to blog at least once daily, aiming for at least one post that is of interest to the world at large once per week. Blogger promises to facilitate with entry methods including text messaging and audio blogging - how exciting.

1 comment:

Joe Crawford said...

Heya Tom - long time no read. My blogreading has been limited to syndication enabled blogs. Glad to see you with some RSS!

Hope you're well!