Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pick three

I've had today off, a departure from my normal schedule to accommodate switching from Fri & Sat off to Sun & Mon off. OK by me.

This week I feel like I'm beginning to bring my interests into focus, and it feels really good. I've narrowed them down to:
  • French language & culture
  • Sierra Nevada area wilderness
  • Stand up comedy
That doesn't mean I have no other interests, but whittling it down to a top 3 is a relief. I've always had what seems like dozens of interests and pursuits dazzling and distracting me, to the point where I can't pin any one of them down, and it's truly maddening. It's taken me a while, but I feel good about pushing the others to the back of my mind. It's much like narrowing an entire party full of people down to a few close friends, and having the ability to devote time and attention to them. Rewarding, calming, a real relief.

I've neglected my French, and stand up comedy is but a gleam in my eye, but I can easily picture doing more with them. Cool.

No comments: