Friday, February 3, 2012

Stupid

I feel so stupid. Stress produced rage, which produced destruction, which produced shame, which now produces stress, again. Ugh - brilliant.

I'm embarrassed at it. I don't want to discuss it with my loved one - why give my wife more evidence that she's married a fool? When I can't talk things out, I literally can not get them out. So, it recirculates within my systems, knotting my gut and haunting my psyche.

I can spoon some of it out here in my blog, which helps in small measure.

People must wonder how I can be comfortable noting in bright public relief things I am scared to admit in private. The answers are that I have a low estimation on humanity as the faceless, slobbering throng that it insists on proving itself to be. You inhuman rabble, I don't care what you think of me.

Paradoxically, people who have shown me kindness and friendship, even of a virtual kind, I trust you with my oddness, my pains, my secrets, my shames. I would gladly hand a knife to a friend and confidently turn my back. What good are these bonds if they can't be relied upon now and then?Thank you for listening.

4 comments:

Joe Crawford said...

Hang in there brotha Tom.

Tom Bickle said...

Hey, thanks man. I was just thinking about you. Life is ridiculous sometimes.

Joe Crawford said...

Entirely ridiculous.

Joe Crawford said...

Sometimes it's kind of fun, which is shocking considering how shitty it is sometimes.